Hamilton Island Galleries and Museums Directory
Be the first to advertise in Hamilton Island Galleries and Museums Directory!
We are developing hamilton.whitsundays.guide for you and early supporters can secure top of category and page one spots! If you would like to create a listing in Hamilton Island for your Business or Community Group first Create an Account
Replace this Ad with your content, Your listing updates this entire page!
View an example. Consider what Category might you list in? Do we have it?
Do you like the Galleries and Museums in Hamilton Island?
Hamilton Island Galleries and Museums
Hamilton Island is a stunning destination in Queensland, Australia that is known for its beautiful beaches, clear waters, and lush greenery. However, the island also offers a range of historical and cultural venues that are definitely worth exploring. Here are some of the galleries, museums and other historical places in and around Hamilton Island.
1. The Hamilton Island Art Gallery - This art gallery is located on Front Street in the Hamilton Island Marina Village. It features a range of contemporary art works from Australian artists as well as international artists. One can browse and purchase paintings, sculptures, and other works of art.
2. Hamilton Island Glass Bottom Boat - This attraction is located on the island itself. It offers tourists a unique and educational experience by taking them on a guided tour around the marine environment of Hamilton Island. The tour offers impressive views of the coral and marine life through a glass floor, allowing tourists to see all the sea creatures which they might not usually spot.
3. The Hamilton Island Race Week Regatta Bar and Exhibition - This cultural attraction features a collection of historic and modern sailing memorabilia and artifacts. It also has a range of artworks and photographs that depict the history of yacht racing in Hamilton Island. Such a place attracts sailing enthusiasts and anyone interested in the history of the area.
4. The Wonders of the Whitsunday Art Exhibition - This exhibition is held annually in the Hamilton Island Yacht Club. It features a range of art works from local and regional artists, enabling art enthusiasts to view a wide range of styles and art forms while visiting the island.
5. The Hamilton Island History Gallery - This gallery, located in the Hamilton Island Marina Village, inspires visitors to learn of the rich history of Hamilton Island through photographs and historical artefacts. The gallery offers visitors an insight into how the island has evolved over time, with several stories shared of important people, events, and historic landmarks.
6. The Australian Institute of Marine Science (AIMS) - This facility is located in Townsville on the mainland near Hamilton Island, and is dedicated to researching and conserving the Great Barrier Reef. It offers a marine research facility, an educational centre and a visitor's exhibit for tourists to understand the research work carried at site, and how it impacts the conservation of one of the world’s most iconic Natural Wonders - the Great Barrier Reef.
7. The Reef HQ Aquarium - Located in Townsville on the mainland near Hamilton Island, this aquarium showcases the unique marine life and coral from the Great Barrier Reef. It is the home to the Mysteries of the Reef exhibit, which is where one can learn about the reef's biology, habitats, and the fragile interrelationships between the reefs, marine life and their surrounding environments.
These are just a few of the galleries, museums, and historical venues available around Hamilton Island. Whether one is interested in artwork, marine life, history, or simply getting a more in-depth look into the local culture, there is something to satisfy everyone's interest. So make sure to check them all out whilst you are exploring the magnificent Hamilton Island.
Hamilton Island Galleries and Museums Articles